Checked the blogs I read for new updates before I went to bed last night, and much to my surprise I found out that I'd been tagged(by Kristin) for the first time, WOOHOO!! I don't know why this is so important to me, but it is...I'm a nerd, I know...
So here's what I gotta do....List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what they are. They must be songs you are presently enjoying. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
So this might be a little hard for me. I don't listen to music much anymore...when I was a teen I was infatuated w/ music, my whole life was music...from about 7th grade til 10th I wore the band shirts, bought TONS of cds...it started off w/ rap, then moved on to stuff like Pink Floyd and The Doors, and alternative "grunge" like Nirvana etc....so, I think I'll kind of alter the rules of this tag a little bit, and do my seven favorite songs of all time...because like I said, I just don't listen to music much anymore. So, I'll do my best...
1. Blind Melon "No Rain"...This is by far my most favorite song in the whole wide world. I have it copied onto a few random cds and I still listen to it on repeat at least once a week in the car, singing at the top of my lungs. The lyrics were made for me. I love the beat, I love the music, I love the singer's voice...and the video on MTV was pretty awesome back in the day, with that little chubby girl in the bumblebee costume. Everything about the song puts me in a good mood, and makes me love myself for who I am!!
"All I can say is that my life is pretty plain, I like watchin' the puddles gather rain. And all I can do is just pour some tea for two and speak my point of view but it's not sane. I just want some one to say to me, I'll always be there when you wake. Ya know I'd like to keep my cheeks dry today. So stay with me and I'll have it made. And I don't understand why I sleep all day and I start to complain when there's no rain. And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape. All I can say is that my life is pretty plain. Ya don't like my point of view ya think I'm insane. It's not sane..."
2. Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here"...Love Pink Floyd...my momma introduced them to me at a young age, and it stuck. Wish You Were Here is by far my favorite song of theirs. And now it has deeper meaning for me, besides just being a good song. My cousin, who was like my brother(he was my favorite person growing up, I idolized him) killed himself my senior year in high school...at his funeral after they put his casket in the ground, his friends played that song really loud as they drove away. So now every time I hear it, it reminds me of him. It's a great song.
3. Robert Palmer "Addicted to Love"...Oldie but goodie...I don't even remember how old I was when this song came out, but I know I was still a little tot way back in the good ol' 80's. I'd be sitting there in the car w/ my mom, belting this song out as loud as I could...course I didn't understand all the lyrics, "Mineyswell face it!" I have this song on a few random cds as well, and listen to it really loud when H's not in the car and I need a good pick me up. The beat is great. And let's face it, Robert Palmer is just plain awesome!!
4. Alice In Chains "No Excuses"...Again these lyrics seem made for me. Alice In Chains is definately one of my all time favorite bands. I can listen to ALL their cds from start to finish, no skipping over any songs...I like them ALL. Shame their singer had to die. All the good ones die. My cousin that I mentioned in #2 turned me onto this band when I was very young. He is the reason I listen to a lot of what I do.
5. Nirvana "Heart Shaped Box"...It was hard for me to pick just one song by this band. It's AMAZING to me that this isn't my #1. I used to be OBSESSED with Nirvana. I mean bad. I had posters, stickers, books, tshirts(I'll never forget when I found the Sliver shirt in a thrift store, I flipped shit) 45's, all their cds. I love their music...this is another band that I could listen to all their cds from start to finish. I used to dream of being in a band like this(no matter the fact that I have absolutely no musical talent whatsoever). Now the tshirts and posters are packed away...my blue hair grew out many many years ago...the cds spend all of their time tucked safely in my cd case at home. For a couple years of my life(Frehsman, Sophomore in highschool) Nirvana was my way of life(minus the hardcore drugs!)...I'm not the same person anymore, at all. And even though I never listen to their music anymore unless the random song comes on the radio(the music holds a lot of bad memories for me) I'll always love it.
These last two are a little tough...there aren't any more songs just jumping out at me that I've loved consistently over the years, so I'll throw in two that always make me happy. They remind me of long drives in the country with my momma, on hot summer days, windows down and music blaring in our little Toyota Tercel, both of us singing at the top of our lungs(and neither one of us can sing worth a darn)...I absolutely love these memories...some of the best times in my life...
6. The Eagles "Seven Bridges Road"...I haven't heard this song in years because the only recording I have of it is on a tape and I don't have a tape player in my car. I love this song, I love the mood it puts me in, and I love the memories it evokes.
7. George Strait "Where the Sidewalk Ends"...I still sing this song to this day. My sister absolutely loves it when I put this cd in and belt it out at the top of my lungs. Makes her laugh hysterically. This song will always put a smile on my face, for so many good memories it brings, and just the general upbeat tone of the music!!
So there you have it, there's my 7. Now I have to tag 7 people??? Gosh I don't think I know 7!!! So here's as many people as I can come up with, and they may be repeats of somebody else's tags...Wendy, Christina, Erin, Emmakirsten, Normal Girl...alright well 5's better than nothing!
Ok on to my regular Monday post...
Yesterday was a pretty darn good day. 8:00am, I wake up and hear H saying "uh oh! uh oh!" so I nudge D and tell him she's awake. Sunday is supposed to be his day to get up with her. But normally I have to still get up with her and change her diaper and get her breakfast started and all that and wait til he gets "woke up" enough to take over, drives me insane. I don't get back to bed until like an hour later and by then I can't get back to sleep. But not only did he get up at like 10:00 on Saturday, yesterday when I told him she was awake, he got up, went and got her, and I never heard another peep out of them til 11:00 when H started yelling because she was getting bored! Amazing...he fed her breakfast without my help, she had a bottle, she had a short nap, he entertained her, and I got to sleep in!!! I haven't had a morning like that since before she was born...it was great.
So I got the carpet in the living room and front hallway cleaned yesterday. Surprise surprise my DAD is the one that came over to watch H while I got it done! My dad is a whole other post, but I'll just say he hasn't been there for me growing up, he's caused me a lot of problems in my life, and it's just amazing that he came over to my house to help me out like that. Thank God H actually warmed up to him this time(usually she is scared of him) and they played in her bedroom for most of the time, until she got curious and wanted to see what mommy was doing...then he brought her into the kitchen where she *gasp!* fell asleep on his shoulder! So he held her and rocked her while she slept, and I had time to take a shower and do my hair and makeup!! Then he left and my sister came over. We met my cousin(Biracial Rachel) at the mall. B.R. and I had the same shirt and shoes on...between the 3 of us, 2 of us always wear the same shirt, jeans, something, without knowing it...it's rediculous. So we walked around the mall a bit. I found H a bday present on sale at Target. A set that comes w/ one of those play tents, a blow up fold out mini loveseat thing, a sleeping bag, a tiara, wand and I think a flashlight, all in a handy duffel bag. It was only $24.99! She'll love it. Then we left and went to Olive Garden to eat and MAN did we eat. I LOVE their new baked ziti which my sister and I got. My cousin got the ravioli. For appetizers we got the spinach dip and the calamari. By the end we were STUFFED. H shared my ziti, ate a whole breadstick and a banana that I had brought. She's a little pig. After that we dropped H off at my mom's and ran across the road to Walmart. Oh evil, evil Walmart. I spent $100 and I didn't even get that much crap. Diapers, Next Step Formula, razors...crap is expensive. The one thing I splurged on was a $12 Crest teeth-whitening kit. I better have damn white teeth in 14 days. Went back and picked up H, hurried home where D had been waiting for me for 3 hrs!! I thought sure since he was practicing that he'd be gone til dark...shockingly he hurried home at 5:30 to spend time with me! And I wasn't there til 8:30, I felt SO SO SO bad. I don't know if it's because he was gone for a whole week and genuinly missed us, or the fact that I've let him get lucky every night since he's been back...hm....more sex = better husband???? Interesting... we'll see if it lasts... anyway before we went to bed he showed me fishing on the Wii, this really basic game w/ flat construction paper looking fish, that I TOTALLY ROCK at! I beat his ass so bad, and he kept restarting the game and he still couldn't match my skillz. What can I say, I'm awesome. Didn't get to sleep til after 1:00am, so I'm dead tired. Already lunch time though, where'd the time go??? Thank God the day's half over.
The closer this interview gets, I'm getting more nervous. I'm starting to want this job really bad. It would be amazing, awesome, just so great if I could get out of here and get that job. I would be bringing home more, insurance would be great, it would just be so nice. I guess we'll see...I'm still not getting my hopes up.
Alright I guess I better go do some work. And eat, it is lunch time afterall and I forgot to eat breakfast...