Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Random thoughts on my job, continued to present day...

December 18, 2006
Ok so anybody that knows my boss knows she's a freaking nutjob as a supervisor...I won't even go into all the crap that she's put me through, but it basically boils down to the fact that I'm a damn good employee and get absolutely no credit whatsoever for it, and what's more I'm made out to be this horrible employee that does nothing but sit at my desk with my finger up my ass the whole day. So today my boss bitches at me yet again for some bull shit that never happened, and basically calls me dishonest, YET AGAIN, which anyone that knows me well knows I do NOT tolerate dishonesty, I cannot stand lying or liars, and if you lie to me I'm done with you. So it was the last straw, and I got up the nerve(yay me) to apply for a position in another department. The position is a grade higher than I am now. So if I get this position it'll be a step up for me, which hopefully means a raise! I'm not getting my hopes up though, because my current boss has given me such shitty reviews for so many years...but I'm hoping it won't affect my chances of getting this other job. I turned in the app today, so hopefully I'll hear something in the next couple days. I did talk to the head of that department today a little bit about the job and whatnot, and how I've gone as far as I can go in my current dept. and I would like to advance and further my knowledge in the insurance industry blah blah blah. I can't do what I'm doing now forever, I have to move on and keep learning. I can't be a freaking Accounts Payable Clerk forever. I hate change, it stresses me out really bad...and a new job is a big change. But I know once I learned the new job and became more confident in myself doing it, that would be a HUGE load of stress off my shoulders. I have to just make myself go forward and not resist change and stay miserable forever. That's just plain stupid. So I siezed the opportunity, applied, and now we'll see what happens...so wish me luck on that.

No comments: