Monday, January 15, 2007

The quilted, quicker picker upper...

When we were sick a couple weekends ago we sent the in-laws to the store to get us some supplies we were out of, and some sicky things like Sierra Mist and Sprite, Gatorade, Jell-O, you know all the crap you eat when you’re on a liquid diet…well we also had them get us some cheese because we were out, and popsicles, and paper towels. I am in heaven right now. They bought us Bounty paper towels! You know the kind that come in the smaller sections so you can choose how big of a paper towel you want? They got us 2 rolls. This may seem incredibly silly to a lot of people. But we don’t have money right now, since hubby went back to school to finish his degree. So we buy cheap, if we are able to buy anything. I buy the cheapest paper towels I can get. I even get out my cell and use the calculator to calculate the cost per roll on multi-packs to make sure I'm getting the best possible deal. One’s 54 cents a roll, one’s 53, I buy the one for 53…I’m anal about this I’m telling you. I am a HUGE bargain shopper, I love bargains…I buy generic brands of a LOT of things, and you know a lot of the time the generic brands are just as good, and in some cases even better than the regular! Say green beans for instance. I LOVE Aldi’s green beans… but Green Giant? Not so much. But this is not the case for paper towels. Or TP for that matter. Cheaper is NOT better, it’s definitely, well, cheap…thin, falls apart easily, not soft feeling at all. So I am in heaven with my Bounty paper towels. I could care less that I can choose my own size, but the whole softness/thickness/reusableness is making me very happy right now. I’m rationing them, and I have one roll left…I’m going to be sad when we run out and it’s back to the cheapo kind again. I told my mom that when hubby gets a job that is one thing I will splurge on, good thick soft paper towels. Sigh…one of these days…

No comments: