Friday, January 12, 2007

Home Depot

Evidently Home Depot is verrrrrrrry interesting to a 9 month old. It is so funny, as soon as I got Miss H out of the car she was pointing and pointing at the building and saying “uh, ah!” as if to say “Mommy please oh please oh pleeeeeeeeease can we go in there???” And once inside she was happy as pie. She LOVED the yellow Dyson vacuum cleaner. She wanted it. I told her some day I hope she can afford a Dyson, but that we sure can’t. It’s such a bummer, my aunt has a mini version, you know those little kid vacuums that look like the real thing just smaller…well she has a mini version of this exact vacuum Miss H fell in love with last night. But I know she would never get rid of it. The kids she watches like it too much, and they don’t sell them in stores, it’s a promotional item only. She bought it off Ebay. Miss H has a toy Hoover. Evidently she has expensive taste, because she does not like her Hoover. Maybe because it’s not a pretty yellow…who knows. Then we wandered off to find lights, and we came upon the fan department. She LOVES fans. She was in Heaven. But the poor thing didn’t understand why they wouldn’t come on. She pointed and pointed, “mommy, on!!” and I had to keep telling her mommy didn’t know how to make them come on. Eventually we wandered over to the closet organization section, and my husband took the cart and started twirling her around and around in it, and she gave him a very stern look and yelled at him “aah!”…”Daddy STOP that right this instant!!”…yep she’s my daughter all right. Then later on, as she’s clinging to the white closet pole for deal life as if it’s her own little job to keep it securely in the cart, she gives my husband attitude again when he touches the pole…if looks could kill…that’s all I can say. And she’s only 9 months old. Who knew Home Depot could be so entertaining to a 9 month old…

Well we got the SpotBot, but I have yet to use it…I was SO busy last night dealing with a crabby husband, too much housework, and getting ready for the interview today. I’ll let you all know how it worked once I’ve had a chance to use it. We also bought a light at Home Depot for the living room…there isn’t any recessed lighting in the living room for some reason, so we rely on lamps. We have one floor lamp right now and it’s just not bright enough to light the whole room. There’s a hook on the ceiling right over where the floor lamp is. So I had the bright idea to buy one of those lamps that hang from a chain that you hang on the hook…we had one when I was a kid. And then we’d put the floor lamp across the room. So we find the perfect light, it even matches the floor lamp which is amazing…and it’s only 25$! So we buy it, and later that evening I think ok I’ll get it out and put it up so I have some more light. Obviously I have no experience in home decorating, because the light had no plug. At first I thought they jipped me…no WONDER the last person returned it, they forgot to put the plug on the end of the cord, jeez!!! But then I read the directions, and felt pretty stupid…you have to install this light into the wires in the ceiling and use a light switch to turn it on and off. I don’t know why I just assumed it would have a plug. Man I feel dumb… so we’ll be taking that back, and I have no idea where I’m going to find a lamp with a chain and plug like we need?? I might as well just get another floor lamp I guess.

I am so tired of the house being so unorganized. The only things that are organized are the baby things. Everything else is chaos. And it stresses me out so bad. This morning I spent 20 minutes looking for my keys. So I was late to work, which means I’ll have to work even later tonight to make up all my time for today. If we had a thing up by the door for our keys that wouldn’t have happened! But my husband won’t let me put anything up because “haven’t you seen that show ‘To Catch a Thief’(or whatever it's called) where they say it’s a huge safety hazard to put your keys in a spot like that???” Ok yea I get that, but it’s also a huge safety hazard when I’m driving 70 down the outer road after I drop Miss H off at daycare, trying to get to work because I’ve been looking for my keys for 20 minutes because we don’t have a “key spot” next to the door…

No comments: