Thursday, February 22, 2007

Life as we know it is changing so fast...

I have decided I don’t really like how my new haircut looks. It was ok after the hairdresser styled it...but of course me, having absolutely no skills whatsoever doing hair, can’t do crap with it. I just don’t like all the layers, the way it hangs is odd...she did a good job, it’s not that...it’s just I don’t like the way it looks on me. But oh well, it’ll grow out.

Ok on to more posting about Miss H...

I realized this morning as Miss H was laying on the floor while I was changing her diaper that she really looked like a little girl laying there. She’s so big. I still think of her as my baby. I’m sure I probably always will. But it was just kind of a shock how big she was, and it really hit me that she looked like a toddler laying there. I’m no longer changing a little baby’s diapers, I’m changing a toddler’s. And last night she babbled constantly. We went out for pizza and she babbled all about her day, and how they had fun with bubbles and spending time outside in the swing(I’m assuming this is what she was telling me anyway)...and when the little kids ran behind her she would turn around really quickly and try to grab them. She’s such a little stinker. I just can’t believe I already have a little toddler. I bagged up all the baby food last night...I have a whole plastic Walmart bag full. I’m wondering if Walmart or HyVee will let me return them or exchange them for Graduates? Otherwise I have no idea what to do with them. While at Walmart last night we stocked up on the Graduates meals. At first I had said I wasn’t going to fed them to Miss H. But then I read the ingredients list on some of them and they’re actually pretty healthy little meals, and no preservatives also. And after the recent discussion I had with the sitter about me still needing to provide Miss H’s meals, I thought those were the best/easiest option for now. When Miss H started eating baby food it was really exciting to clear out a spot on the pantry shelf for her new foods. I organized them between veggies, fruits and dinners/meats. It wasn’t exciting last night to bag up all the baby food and replace it with Graduates, portioned veggies like peas and green beans, puffs, and freeze dried fruits. It was actually quite sad, and weird. Just when I had really gotten used to the fact that I have a baby all my own, POOF she’s gone, replaced by this awnry, into everything, adorable, hilarious toddler w/ her own thoughts and opinions. And I’m quite sad. I do enjoy her sleeping through the night and feeding herself while I get some housework done, and how she’s able to go wherever she pleases and communicate with us better etc. etc...I’m not saying I’m wanting another little baby soon, I am definitely enjoying having more freedom and I’m enjoying the little girl my daughter is becoming...but at the same time my baby grew up way too fast, and I didn’t get a chance to really enjoy her when she was still a little bitty baby and that’s making me a bit sad. It just hit me this morning that my baby isn’t a baby anymore, and that’s exciting and sad at the same time. And it’s just a bit of a shock. She grew up so fast, and even though she’s only 10 months old she’s just not acting at all like a baby anymore. I’m not in ANY hurry for her to grow up. There are a bunch of people I know making their babies switch to sippy cups and getting rid of their pacifiers at an age younger than Miss H even, but I’m not going to rush Miss H into growing up...she uses a sippy cup just fine, she even uses a real cup very well...but she also likes her bottles too, and I’m fine with that for now. I’m not taking them away from her just because “all the other toddlers are doing it” LOL Sigh...where did the time go???

No comments: