Wednesday, October 22, 2008

MIA

I've been MIA lately, I know. I've been so insanely busy. Work is CA-RAZY, no joke. Piles of work EVERYWHERE. I'm drowning in invoices, with no end in sight. And the piles just keep getting bigger. SCARY stuff.

The baby shower last weekend went amazingly well! My sister in law's work buddies were so sweet to me and my sister in law had a great time! Here's a picture of the table...Ain't it purdy?? Anywho...more good news...Hailey's potty trained! YAY!! It is so awesome to not have to worry about changing diapers anymore. And it's all thanks to M&M's! Which she doesn't ask for anymore by the way. I'd read somewhere that a lady used one bag of M&M's to potty train her little girl, and I have to say it worked PERFECTLY for Hailey. One bag is all it took! (Actually she has some brown ones left over...apparently they don't taste as good as the colored ones, because they're Boring Brown.)

Some not so great news...I recently found out my husband failed to inform me that he is only part time at school this year. HELLO, would have been wonderful to know that BEFORE I got the bills from my buddies Mohela and Sally Mae wanting their money starting December. That's over $200 a month we just don't have right now. I mean he's not working! He's still in school! And too lazy to spend his spare time working! So I'm totally freaking out about what to do. This really pushed me to start my Etsy shop, which people have been encouraging me like crazy to do anyway. I figured if I'm going to have a hobby and do something I love, I should try to make some money doing it. Since my health problems prevent me from working a second job, and I'm doing these crafts to make myself happy (um, and keep myself from going completely batty) I might as well do what makes me happy AND make money, right?? Well, let's hope. I'm trying my darndest. I *hopefully* have a custom order in the works. I'm going to work on that tonight. I'll be adding more and more each day...I've got some cute Christmas/Wintery tags in the works!! Any special requests, just let me know! I'm working on getting my photos to come out ok...they either seem to turn out too dark or w/ the color off. Unfortunately, my camera is not the best at taking pictures of things like this. So oh yea, I guess I should post the banner to my shop...

TA DA...
Oh yea, and I guess I should detail what I'm selling...tags, punches, confetti, cards, that sort of thing. I have a LOT to list in the upcoming weeks!

Another thing going on that has prevented me from getting much done this week. Darned dr. appointments. Monday I had to go across town to get blood drawn. (ew) Yesterday was my last appointment (completely POINTLESS taking my money for NOTHING appointment) with the rheumatologist. Today I met with my GP to talk about the results of my sleep study (apparently I'm a totally crappy sleeper, go figure) and what to do about it. 2 hours, 2 prescriptions and a million new worries later, I drove back across town and hit up the local craft store to buy myself a snowflake punch. You know, to make me feel better. Some people use alcohol, some use chocolate...I use crafts. LOL I know, I'm a nerd. So the meds they put me on...one for my reflux, not a big deal except that's another 10$ a month. The other is a medicine for Parkinsen's. Yea...not excited about taking that one. It's supposed to help with the RLS (because apparently in the 6.5 hrs. I slept that night at the hospital, my legs moved over 270 times...and apparently, that's a lot...) but it can also cause fatigue. So I'm going to cure my fatigue, and in return, probably get more fatigue. Uh huh. And how is that supposed to be an effective solution?? They've also referred (or forwarded, which is the term that seems more appropriate in this situation) me to a neurologist to rule out narcolepsy and a couple other sleep issues that I don't remember the name to. Good Lord I don't have narcolepsy! And they want me to do another sleep study, this time a night and the whole next day. Do they not understand these things cost money? And time off work that I can't afford to take?

What I NEED is for my husband to buck up and grow some balls and be a real man and take care of his wife and kid. Is there a pill out there for that? I won't even ask for the generic, I promise...

1 comment:

bluedaisy said...

Wow, you have ALOT going on! I hope that as you are finding out more about what is going on with your health, one of these potential solutions will prove to be helpful! I also wish you luck with the Etsy shop :) I know that financial discussions are never easy but you and you hubby need to get on the same page...and that may include him bringing in some income too. My husband sort of disregarded my prediction of financial disaster and now we are in the midst of dealing with it. Show him the cold, hard numbers and see if that doesn't help a bit. If you are already turning your crafts into an opportunity to earn money, he needs to find a way to contribute as well! Good luck!