Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Looking on the bright side...

We're not using the baby gate on Hailey's bedroom door at night anymore because we're getting serious about potty training. This has resulted in me waking up every night since to a little girl standing at my bedside staring at me. She woke up earlier than usual this morning, at 1:40am, and came into our bedroom. I always have to get up to go get her pillow and turn off her bedside lamp (since at that point to get any sleep at all I have to just put her in bed with us) so I usually stop at the bathroom to pee since I'm up. This time in the middle of the night she followed me in the bathroom and said she had to pee too. And she did! In the middle of the night! I was so super proud of her! First she insisted on getting out of bed while I was putting her to sleep Sunday night to go pee and really did, then she pooped on the potty last night and now she peed on the potty in the middle of the night last night! She woke up dry this morning too and peed in the potty again! I am just so stinking proud of her! Hopefully she'll keep at it and I won't have to buy diapers for much longer! The M&M trick has really worked for Hailey! She gets 2 for pee and 4 for poop. It's working great! I really don't mind getting up in the middle of the night if it means she'll pee in the potty!

If you've got a potty trained kid, what technique worked for you?

1 comment:

bluedaisy said...

That's so great! Thanks for visiting my blog by the way and for the tummy trouble advice :) (Also glad to know that "the girl" comes in various colors.) I will be eager to see how PTing goes for you because Hailey and Michael are so close in age and I am a bit overwhelmed by the thought of- as you put it- "getting serious" about PTing. I know girls tend to train faster but I wouldn't mind spending less on diapers. I have heard that the M&M trick works very well! Sounds like you are on the right track :)