Wednesday, October 1, 2008

BRRR!!

I am absolutely LOVING the cooler weather! Not only has it really helped lower our electric bill but there's just something about this time of year and this sort of weather that really lifts my spirits! I love being able to open the windows a bit and let in fresh air! I love wearing cozy, soft clothes like sweatpants, big fuzzy socks and sweatshirts. I'm so excited to pull out my fall clothes this year!

Last night Hailey woke up at 3:00 am again. She's still having bm issues and she's all of a sudden started wanting to sleep with us at night...where the heck did that come from!?!? I used to BEG her to sleep with me when D was out of town and she refused! We always make her start in her bed these days but if she wakes up in the middle of the night I'm too tired to lay in bed with her for another hour or two until she goes back to sleep. With my sleep/fatigue issues I've found that even though I sleep HORRIBLE with her in bed with us, I get more sleep that way than laying awake in her bed for hours trying to get her to go back to sleep. So I've started to just put her in bed with us if she wakes up in the middle of the night. I know it was bad to ever give in, and it's probably my fault that this phase has continued, but sleep is something I have been instructed to work on by my doctors (hence the sleep study) and this is the best way for me to get sleep and give her the comfort she needs.

So, back to the cold weather! Like I said, normally we sleep horribly with her in bed with us. We desperately need a king bed! Last night we left our bedroom window open. It was SO COLD outside! I HAVE to sleep with the ceiling fan on for noise so that combined with the window being open made it extra cold in our room! We all cuddled under the covers and all three of us slept WONDERFULLY! It was amazing, and it was so nice to sleep all cuddled together like that with the cold air in the room and the warmth under all our covers. My husband didn't even know Hailey slept with us, which is really saying something! I know the cold fresh air is what did the trick! I wish that would happen every night Hailey wakes up in the middle of the night! It was such a great night!

No comments: