Monday, February 11, 2008

My stomach problems

For a few days now my stomach problems have really been acting up for some reason...I've woken up nauseous, been bloated all day, the whole bit, which hasn't happened this bad in quite a while. Then Saturday evening I wasn't feeling so hot but I thought I just needed to eat. After I put Hailey to bed Dan ran to Taco Bell and got me a chicken taco platter. I didn't even eat half of it--totally not worth the money btw--and started to feel even worse. By the time we went to bed at midnight my stomach was hurting and making me feel a little nauseous. I woke up at 3:30am with the worst stomach pains I've ever had in my life. I curled up on the bathroom floor. It felt like somebody was stabbing me in my stomach from the top of my stomach down to my belly button. The pain would always be there but it would get worse in waves. Finally the pain got so bad it made me nauseous and I threw up. I called my mom and told her I needed to go to the ER when throwing up didn't make the pain stop. It was horrible, I've never felt pain like that. Not even childbirth, seriously. I could barely walk and I couldn't stand up straight. I got to the ER and they took blood and put an IV line in and gave me a shot of Zofran and Toradol in the IV finally and then made me drink a GI cocktail which consists of either Maalox or Mylanta I don't know which, something to neutralize the acid in my stomach and something they put on a patient's lacerations when they get hurt. The stuff numbed my throat so I was hoping it would numb my stomach too. After a while I was finally able to get up and pee in a cup and then lay back down. The meds helped but didn't make it totally go away. By the time I left the sun was up and I was able to walk to the car and even have conversations with my mom. I was still hurting some, but nothing compared to how I had been a few hours before. Thank God for the dr. at the ER...he gave me a prescription for Zofran and Percocet. That way if this ever happens again I'll be prepared. I came home and passed out on the couch and woke up a few hours later to Hailey saying "Mommy?" I woke my mom up and she went to get her from her bedroom. She was SUPER excited that my mom was there in the morning, it was a huge surprise for her. My mom got her ready and took her to her house for the day. Hailey never goes anywhere without us except for daycare because I miss her so much after working all day...so spending the day with my mom was really good for her, she had so much fun. I slept til about 11:30 on the couch and then went and crawled in bed and slept til 1:30 or so. I woke up and sat around for a while and then went back to bed and read for about 30 mins. and fell back to sleep til about 4:30 or so. My mom brought Hailey home around 6:30 and brought me some chicken noodle soup, PB crackers, lemon lime gatorade and jello. Thank God for her, that's all I can say. Hailey was wonderful all night, giving me my crackers and making sure I drink my "juice." She also told us she needed to go potty and she peed in the potty again!! YAY!!!

My stomach problems have gotten bad in the past, but never THAT bad. Hopefully this was a one time thing. I woke up this morning when my alarm went off and I still didn't feel so hot. My cat had just pooed in her litter box which is in the master bathroom and my husband's stale morning breathe was filling the room so I went to the living room and laid on the couch. I reset my alarm for 30 mins. later. I did that until right after 7:00 and then called into work to tell them what was going on and my boss told me to stay home and get to feeling better. D got up and went to school and I slept til Hailey woke up about 8:30 and I got her ready to go to school. She peed in the potty AGAIN this morning! She is such a good girl! I didn't even ask her, I was just about to put on a clean diaper and she said "NO! I have to go pee in the potty!" and she went and peed. That's 3 times the past few days, YEA! Of course she didn't tonight, but oh well she's still making progress. I laid on the couch all day and tried to make myself eat crackers and some soup for lunch. My husband called like 3 times to see how I was doing which is so unlike him and very sweet. The ER called to check up on me (I love our hospital) and my sister called bored from CA while her husband was at work. It wasn't the most restfull day unfortunately but I did get to lay on the couch most of the day. D came home from school and we went to pick Hailey up early because the roads were getting icy. We were completely out of diapers so we had to stop at Walmart which I was not happy about at ALL. I hadn't even washed my face or brushed my hair today, I looked and felt like hell. We grabbed one of those rotisserie chickens they make (so good and only like $4.50) and when we got home I actually cooked some cheesey potatoes, green beans, biscuits and cinnamon biscuits to go along with the chicken. I haven't done squat around here for how many days now, it was the least I could do. I ate a little bit and then D played with Hailey for a couple hours til he had to go to work. She was such a good girl tonight watching my show with me on TLC and then going to bed really easily. I'll be able to go back to work tomorrow, thank goodness. I'm still feeling a little off but at least I'm not getting sick anymore.

Oh and the blood tests all came back okay from the ER...no gall bladder problems etc. so that's good.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Sounds like you had a rough day. I hope you get to feeling a lot better soon! Congrats to Hailey on the potty!