Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's a love/hate relationship...

So I finally broke down today and bought a new pair of work shoes. I'm not sure if I like them. Actually I don't really love them. They're cute, they're just not me. I wear clogs w/ khakis to work so these are a bit off the beaten path for me...they're brown by the way, they look black in the picture.
So then I ran by Gap because I still had my $40 gift card that D's grandparents gave me for Christmas. I tried on a pair of khakis because I am seriously in need of some new ones. The 2 pair I have are from before I got pregnant with Hailey...one pair is so tight on my belly it gives me a serious muffin top (uncomfortable!!) and the other pair are so shredded around the bottoms and stained from the charcoal crap they put on the roads in the winter! The pants at Gap were so cute...straight leg but they didn't look tapered and yet they weren't too baggy either. They were perfect! I grabbed a 2 Ankle and went to the dressing room...HUGE. I mean I pulled them up w/out unbuttoning them and they gaped off me. I walked out of the room and the salesgirl was like "OMG those are huge on you!" Of course they don't carry a 0 Ankle in the store so I tried on a 0 regular to see if they at least fit. They fit but they gaped off my waist in the back a good 2 inches!! WHY do they make pants to do this?? It's like you can't be curvy and find pants to fit anymore! GRRRRR So I bought these two shirts instead...the 3/4 sleeved one I bought in a light blue color but of course they don't have that color online. It's really soft but the neck is a little wide so I don't know if I'll keep it...and the tank shoes my bra straps, so I don't know if I'll keep it either! I think it's really cute though...


Yesterday I'd found a pair of shoes that I really liked online at Penney's but of course they didn't have my size in either the black OR the brown. I got back from lunch today and thought I'd check again JUST IN CASE and lo and behold they had my size in brown. I ordered them. I like the black ones better online but I'm hoping I'll love the brown ones in person.
For having no style sense I'm so freaking picky! So now I have 2 pairs of brown shoes and no black ones!! I'm going to wait til I get the others in the mail and see which ones I like better and take back the ones I don't like. In the meantime I'm still on the lookout for a cheap pair of black shoes that aren't hideous. Seriously, I need help. I love shopping but I have no idea what is in style or how to put outfits together or what looks good on me, which makes me hate shopping for myself!! Sometimes I wish somebody would nominate me for that show What Not To Wear on TLC! But then I'd have to give up my nice comfy sweats that I sleep in and my worn in comfy clogs that I wear everywhere (even work!!) and be forced to spend $200 on a pair of pants that I have to dry clean and that would just make me sick to my stomach...jeez I really am picky.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I wanna be on that show too! I tell my husband all the time to go on there and nominate me, haha. I am just as picky when it comes to clothes. I have bought new shoes a couple of different times and got them home tried them on again and took them back because I just didn't really like them. I wear my Birkenstock clogs year round! I love them, maybe I should just buy them in every color then I will have shoes that I love around, lol.