Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Deployed

Hailey's beloved Uncle, my brother in law (the one my sister just married in December) leaves today to go back to Iraq for the 2nd time. He was there all last summer too. We all have a bad feeling about this time for some reason. A feeling we didn't have last time. He's been calling my sister crying because he's so scared to go. He knows what to expect this time, which makes it worse. One of his friends was killed the last time they were there too. When he came back he wasn't himself. It took him a long time to loosen up and be sort of who he used to be again. And now he's going back. We're praying that the months go by fast and praying for his safe return...and for my sister, that she has the strength to get through this next 6 to 8 months.

Please pray for him, if you're the praying type.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I will keep him in my prayers.

Wendy said...

scary...will keep him in my thought!!