Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Look what my baby can do!!

She started standing last night. Just standing up in the middle of the floor. She'll stand up, get so excited, bounce up and down, then sit back down, over and over and over again. She did it today at the sitters too, and would "dance" during circle time. Here is a pic...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And more great news...my boss came up to me today and informed me that HR finished my salary review. They decided that based on my experience, I should be a grade higher and my pay is going to be 31 cents higher than what they had originally hired me at! I'm getting $1.40 more than my old crappy job at the hell hole!!! How awesome is that???? And they are really impressed w/ my knowledge of accounting. Apparently the AP clerk at this place only does the checks, and THAT'S IT...all the other crap I was doing at the other place as well as cks?? The Accountings were doing it at this new place!! So now they're having me do it all, and they're really impressed that they don't have to over explain things to me and that I just know what they're talking about from the start. Apparently I'm not stupid after all!! Today one of the accountants, we'll call her Preggo HG, because she's 13 wks preggo and has that hypermesis grav...ok I don't know how to spell it but Kristin had it...anyway she was showing me how to enter a new vendor onto the system and she was trying to explain why she puts a 7 into the 1099 box. She said "well on the 1099 form box 7 is....is....um..." and I said "it's non-employee compensation" and she just looked at me like WOW and said "yea, that's it" and I told her I did the 1099s at the other place and she said "wow, I do that!" Yea I am totally smart like that. The hell hole was apparently WAY underpaying me for what I was doing. And like I said, I'm awesome.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Sounds like you had a great day...Glad to hear your job is going so good!!

Normalgirl said...

Go H! Go H! She'll be walking in no time!

That's great about the job, but we all knew you were smart!

Hey, did you know that Sophie Kinsella has a new book? I can only find it in hardback, so I'm not going to buy it, and I'm TENTH in line at the library. Ugh.

Kristin said...

It's always so nice when you feel like a contributing member of the team rather than being oppressed by The Man. I'm glad the new job is working out!

And now The Chimp has been replaced with Preggo HG. God, I hope she has a mild case.

Wendy said...

The pics of H are great! She looks so big:P

That is so awesome that things are still going so great with your new job! Isn't it nice to feel like you are atually contributing to the company?