Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Still sick, sort of

Well Hailey threw up in her crib again last night, and then had diarea 4 times today. So I took her to the dr. at 3:30 today(thank God my new job rocks, they were so nice about me having to leave, said it was not a big deal at all and already let me use sick time to cover it!) and apparently she just has some virus. She's not throwing up during the day, eating and drinking just fine, and acting normal...so hopefully it'll just go away soon. But she does still have fluid in her ears...not infected, just trapped fluid...so they're watching that since it's been there for over a month. And if it stays another month or 2, they're going to probably put tubes in her ears. They're not letting it go as long as they might some other kids because of my history. Among all the other wonderful problems I had as a child, I also had horrible ear infections all the time that caused me to be partially deaf in my left ear. Because of this, they aren't going to let Hailey's go on very long without remedying the situation. So that's about all that's gone on lately. I got quite a bit of cleaning/organizing done last night for her party this weekend. And D comes home from TX tonight, yay! He'll be here for 2 weeks this time also, yay! Oh and also, I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I haven't started my period yet. I'm on this sucky ass pill that I've been on for a few months now, and every other month I've spotted in the middle of the month and then had a period the normal week...well all of a sudden this month, I didn't spot and I still haven't started my period. So, either it went from one extreme to the other and this pill sucks, or I'm pregnant in which case yea this pill sucks. ??? I haven't taken a test. It wouldn't be such a big issue about me getting pregnant again, except while D is still in school (1 more year after this semester is over) we CANNOT afford another baby. Plus, my new job doesn't offer a paid maternity leave like my old one did. So we'd be screwed even more than we are now as far as money goes. So hopefully I'm not, and I'll start soon. But if I am, it won't be the end of the world, and things will still be different than they were with Hailey. God I hate being poor right now!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Everything will work out in the end...it always does. Hope Hailey gets feeling better soon. I think I have some sorta stomach bug starting to come on...ugh!! I know what you mean, we can not afford to have another baby right now either...