Wednesday, July 18, 2007

15 weeks

Hailey had her 15 month well-check today. She’s 21 lbs 11 oz. and 30 inches long. She did really good showing Dr. P how she can name her body parts. She pointed to her toes and said “toes” and did the same with her knees, nose and eyes. He was very impressed. He asked if she was stringing 2 or more words together, and I told him yes she will say things like "all done" or "my mommy" or "I see outside" or "a car." He said she’s perfect. She had to get 2 shots(the D-tap and the Prevnar shots), which she was not happy about (I wasn’t happy that she had to get them either)…she cried so hard, and I almost burst into tears. She was ok when we got home, just a little low-energy, and she went to bed at 7:30 which is about an hour or so early for her. This morning I woke her up at 6:40 and after she told me "thank you" for giving her her boppies(pacifiers) she started crying like something was hurting her. I gave her some more Motrin and called my mom. She's done with summer school for the year, so she's got 3 wks off and could come over and watch Hailey. She fell back asleep in my lap until my mom got there at 7:30, and then she cried for me when I was trying to hand her over. It broke my heart. She was crying "mommy, mommy" and grabbing onto me. :o( Having to be a working mom is just not fair. But I told her Shrek was in the DVD player and she said "Shek" and brightened up a little. I asked her if she wanted to watch Shrek or Curious Buddies and she mumbled something that sounded like "Curious" so I put that in and she was feeling ok enough by the time I left to wave bye to me. I called a little while ago and my mom says she seems to be feeling ok. I hope the fever and aches go away sooner than they said they probably would (3 to 7 days). Makes me feel even worse about going on our anniversary trip this weekend.

In other news, since Hailey went to bed so early last night I got to watch Beauty and the Geek which I hate to admit I love. Hopefully I'll remember it's on every week and be able to catch it.

Did I already post that my mom and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie this past Saturday? Well anyway, it was awesome. Very good battle scenes and the fireworks were really neat. Professor Umbridge didn't look like what I'd pictured, but I still thought she was portrayed pretty well! I've heard you can't re-read the book before you go see it, so I didn't, and I really loved it. I think that's the mistake I've always made in the past, since the 2nd movie, I've re-read the book before going to the movie and it just ruins it. You know they're going to change some stuff around and leave some things you think are crucial out, so you really have to just look at the movies separately from the books. Speaking of books...the last book comes out this weekend!!! I don't know how I'm going to not hear who dies before I get to read it...my mom is supposed to get one for me since I'll be out of town, but I don't know how I'm going to avoid the media reports since everybody else will see it before me. And I don't know how I'm going to read it because I can hardly get through a book these days because after I put Hailey to bed I've got chores to do and I'm exhausted. I guess I'll just have to put off all the chores til I finish it!!

No comments: