Friday, December 7, 2007

Everybody already knows I'm weird, but...

I'm finally getting around to Kristin's tag! I've been thinking about this thing for like a week now(or has it been longer???) and honestly it's been hard to come up with 7 random or weird things about myself because I'm such an open book! I've already shared so much of my weirdness! I figured I better just go ahead and try to do it, or I'll probably be trying to come up with things still a month from now... So, without further ado, 7 weird or random things about myself(that I can't promise you haven't heard before)...


Rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Seven random/weird things about me:

  1. I don't like milk chocolate...I can put up with white(which my friend constantly points out is NOT chocolate, it's candy--who cares!), and I LOVE white chocolate covered strawberries...but my favorite is dark chocolate. I love the sweet yet bitter taste...I could eat it every day. I am SO looking forward to the dark chocolate covered apple slices on the fruit bouquet at my sister's wedding tomorrow!!!! If you haven't tried this, you so should...
  2. I wish my husband had an awesome, well paying job so we could afford a house and like 10 kids. I know I'm crazy, but growing up it was just me and my mom...my siblings are all half or step siblings, and lived with my dad...so I've always wanted a huge family. I love those shows on TLC about families with tons of kids(like the Duggars and Jon and Kate Plus 8--two of my fav. big families). My husband on the other hand wants no more than 2. So I'm compromising, and saying we'll have 3...and we'll see later on down the road, maybe a 4th will come along. Who knows :o) 4 would be my ideal. This is one reason my health problems make me so nervous and why I'm on my husband's butt all the time to get a good job. I feel like I deserve to live this one dream!
  3. I would love to work outside, maybe for a landscaping company. I would love to be able to do this sort of thing for a living. I don't want to RUN a landscaping company, I don't want to plan the landscaping out, I just want to do the manual labor...putting down mulch, planting things, weeding etc.
  4. I hate taking showers or baths. I LOVE getting clean, but taking a shower is such a pain! It's so labor intensive, and honestly I hate getting wet. The only reason I enjoy swimming in the summer is to cool off. Otherwise, I'd rather stay nice and dry. When I get out of the shower I'm freezing...and then I have to begin the long process of putting on lotion and moisturizer, brushing my tangled curly hair, Q-tipping my ears, etc. etc....I just find it a pain.
  5. I hate having to put on makeup and do my hair. I love the look of nice straight shiny hair, and I hate the way I look without makeup...but I still really dislike the task of doing both these things. I frequently wear my hair pulled back, and hate it every day I do. I used to not even wear makeup to work after I had Hailey, but once she started getting older I realized it made me feel so much better to have makeup on and my hair halfway decent. Today I have on full makeup(which consists of concealer, powder, blush, eyeshadow and mascara) and my hair is down and shiny and straight, and I feel great! Which leads me to #6...
  6. I have a very small/limited amount of energy every day...I have my whole life. I was never one of those kids that could bounce off the walls 99% of the day, sleep for 3 hours and be rested and full of energy again. As a kid I'd sleep for 10 hours a night if not more, and STILL feel tired the next day. I did my fair share of physical activity, running around outside, doing gymnastics and such. And I used to have a really hard time falling asleep. But when I did, I'd crash...sometimes even on the stairs or the hallway between the living and dining room... so now as an adult, I know I have this limited amount of energy and I have to plan my days accordingly. Work takes a lot of my energy. Taking care of Hailey pretty much takes up the rest of my daily supply...so extra things like housework, I have to pick and choose what's most important to me that day, and push myself to do it. Or pick the easiest thing on the days that I feel like I can't even push myself, and do those and then crash. I have no problems falling asleep at night now. And on nights I fall asleep at 9:00 and sleep straight through, I'm still not ready to get up when my alarm goes off in the morning. I hate it! If only I could find some magic trick that would give me more energy so I wouldn't feel so worn down all the time!
  7. Over time I have learned to trust my gut feelings/instincts. I'm been eerily right in the past about any strong feelings I may have. For instance ALL my life I've had dreams about the car I'm riding in going over the side of an exit ramp. But I was never overly paranoid about this. Then one day we were going to go dress shopping in St. Louis for my senior prom dress. I was beyond excited. This was my 1st shopping trip to St. Louis ever!! But I woke up that morning and ALMOST called the trip off. I woke up with a gut feeling that we shouldn't go. A scene of our car going over the side of an exit ramp played over and over again in my head. I told myself not to be silly, and we went ahead with the trip...I didn't tell my mom or D of my fears--I knew they'd just make fun of me. On the way there I had a nasty feeling in my stomach, a nervous uneasiness, even though I was really excited. Halfway through the trip we were heading to a different mall. At the last minute D told my mom we needed to take an upcoming exit. Little did we know it made a complete U-turn and headed back the other direction...going from 60 mph to a 15 mph area didn't work. Over the side of the exit we went. The whole way down, before we hit an embankment on the other side, I was screaming and all I could think was "holy shit I was right!" I was bawling, and my mom thought it was because I was scared, but I was bawling because I was scared at knowing it was going to happen, not scared at what we just went through. I've always been a paranoid person...ever since then, that's gone 10-fold. I trust my gut now, even if it means going out of my way to avoid something or putting us at an inconvenience. I don't take chances anymore!!
So, there you have it. I'm a certified weirdo! :o) Now I know I'm supposed to tag 7 people, but I'm just going to say that I tag anyone that hasn't done this yet!

No comments: