Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What a shocker

I have to admit, even though I don't watch much TV or even movies these days, I'm a sucker for those celebrity mags or any sort of celebrity news out there on the net. I've been keeping up with the whole Britney drama, mostly because I feel so incredibly sorry for her boys. I've heard a bit of gossip lately about her supposedly having another bun in the oven, which I'm hoping isn't true. Imagine my surprise when I sign off hotmail tonight and am greet by THIS story about a different Speare's family member...I'm not one to judge, but COME ON. This girl, at 16, had everything going for her. And she seemed so much smarter than Britney, so much more put together. I just hope she turns out to be a better mother than her older sister...

So that's just gossip. The big shocker here is that I am apparently a miracle worker. I have single handedly not only stayed on extremely good terms while telling my grandma exactly what I think and exactly how it is, the TRUTH, AND I also got her to apologize to my little sister and they've kissed and made up and everybody's coming to Christmas dinner this Sunday! I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I totally rock. I seriously should have gone into psychology like I'd planned(yea have I ever mentioned that before? That was my original plan, before my husband came along...I was going to go to school, get my PhD and become a psychologist...life sort of got in the way). I'm so happy my grandma finally listened to what I was telling her and realized she was in the wrong. When she called and apologized the other night for that oh so horrible call a few nights before, I didn't say a word about her apologizing to my sister. I figured one apology was great for the day. So today when she called me at work to ask if my sister and her husband were coming Sunday I had full confidence and I just told her flat out, her feelings are hurt and she really should call and apologize to her. Even if her feelings are hurt too and she thinks she's owed an apology...she's the adult, she's the grandma, and my sister's scared to call and make the first move. I also told her my sister was going this afternoon w/ her inlaws to pick out a Christmas tree, so she needed to wait til tonight to call if she was going to. Thank the Lord she took my advice, called her later tonight and now everything is fine. I just hope everyone can hold it together for a while now. At least until after the holidays...and if something else does have to happen, darn it I hope they leave me out of it!

Lemon pudding is yummy...and yes she knows how to use a spoon...she was eating "like a kitty Mommy!"


2 comments:

Ashley said...

I swear I saw Hailey in WalMart yesterday. I seriously stopped in my tracks and started looking for you. Maybe I'm just too tired...

Do you want to meet up for lunch/dinner next week in that relatively big town between us? It'd be fun for the girls to meet.

Jaime said...

I laughed, so cute~!