Friday, December 14, 2007

Eating my words

I got home today and walked into a clean, fresh smelling house. My husband is on holiday break and instead of sitting on his butt all afternoon he actually got up and did something productive. I think the little argument we had around lunchtime maybe helped him realize he needed to step up a bit. I have to say, I'm quite impressed. He picked all the toys up in the living room, folded and put away all the clothes, vacuumed, did dishes, did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned the bathtub, changed Hailey's bed sheets to her new purple jersey knit sheets, hung up 2 shelves I've been trying to get him to hang up for months (okay they're swapped, the bathroom one is in the front hallway and vice versa but I'm not saying a word), hung up Hailey's coats on the shelf pegs, hung up a picture in the living room I've been trying to get him to hang up for months...and as I walked in he was rushing to try and simultaneously get the Applebee's menu up on the computer so we could order in and I wouldn't have to cook tonight, and run a bubble bath for me. He even had a candle lit for me in the bathroom because he knows I like it, even though he hates it. And he used Febreze on the carpets to freshen up. I told him I'll take the bubble bath later, and the Applebee's website is messed up so we're just getting Subway...but later my mom's coming over to watch Hailey so we can go see Alvin and the Chipmunks together. Talk about a good end to a really weird (and sorta crappy) 24 hours.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I'm glad things got somewhat better. You needed a break!