Thursday, March 13, 2008

That settles it...

I've been really sick the past few days, throwing up, body aches, coughing, the whole bit. Tuesday I had a scheduled dr. appointment anyway so I made myself go to hopefully get some antibiotics. I dropped the prescription off on my way home after picking up Hailey. I hurt so bad I just needed to get home. My mom was going to pick it up later but I needed to use my credit card to get it since we're short this pay period. As we were leaving there was a cop car parked outside my house, not 15 feet from my car, and another car that was driven by a detective. They led one of the Mexican's out in hand cuffs and put him in the cop car. End of story.

Until today.

This article came out in the local paper. I edited it a bit to take out my location and all that...

Police set aside the imfamous border war to fight on the same side and bring an alleged child rapist to justice.

Thirty-six-year-old Jose Ovidio Orellana-Navarro was put in county jail Tuesday night - charged with committing multiple felonies in Douglas County, Kansas.

Police got call from Lawrence detectives Tuesday afternoon that said Navarro might be in **my town**. A short investigation led Detectives to an apartment building and police made the arrest just before 8 p.m.

The charging documents from Douglas County's Kansas District Attorney say Navarro had inappropriate contact with a girl under the age of 14, 1st degree rape, and 3rd degree aggravated indecent liberties with a child.

Police said it's not uncommon for them to assist like this, in cases from another state.

"We assist other agencies in their investigations - almost a daily occurrence. If another agency inside Missouri, or outside of Missouri feel or believe that there is an individual that they have an arrest warrant for they will contact us often to request that we assist in location that individual," explained Police Sgt. Ken **last name**.

Hammond also said Navarro remains in County Jail Wednesday night, awaiting extradition to Kansas. And Hammond said the process could take a few weeks.

No way in hell is this NOT the guy they arrested by my house. No way in hell is this just a coincidence. I am 99% sure the guy in the article is the guy they arrested by my house. Ok I know there are bad people everywhere. But this unit is three down from mine. This guy walked by my house a million times, literally FEET from where Hailey was outside playing. I was always with her but every now and then if I needed a wipe or she wanted a yogurt I'd run in and grab it with her RIGHT there on the porch...I mean I wouldn't be gone even 10 seconds. But still, that's all it would take for one of them walking by to grab her.

Whatever we have to do to scrimp and save, we've got to move. One of the other kids at Hailey's school is lucky enough to have a mom that's a district attorney or something big like that (again, don't really understand the legal system)...she goes on search warrants and what not. She said the neighborhood we have been looking at recently hasn't had any calls out there for things like domestic assault or burglary or anything like that. So, we maybe just have to come up with the extra $100 or so a month to get us to a safer place to live.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

God, talk about things hitting close to home! I'm glad they caught the guy!

Joanna said...

Wow...That's crazy. I am so glad they got that creep off the streets. I don't blame you for wanting to move so quickly. Sit down and figure out exactly where you are spending your money and then see where you could cut costs. Hope you get to feeling better! :)