Thursday, September 4, 2008

Inspired

A lot of people have been inspiring me lately and I feel the need to give them credit for bettering my life in the recent weeks.

First off, the most recent...Courtney over at Small Town SAHM. I read her post today about her Household Notebook project that she recently completed. I AM GOING TO DO THIS!! I often worry about what would happen to our little family life if something were to happen to me. Dan doesn't even know where I keep Hailey's socks, let alone how to access all our financial information, what bills are due when, HOW to pay those bills...he doesn't know Hailey's doctor's number. A book like this would GREATLY help ease my worries. A book like this would also really help me get my life organized. I desperately need all my family information in one spot. I desperately need a Christmas card list. I desperately need a book with all our favorite recipes and meal plans for weeks. This would really help me simplify and organize my life. I'm buying the binders this weekend and although it's going to take me quite a bit longer than it did Courtney, I AM going to finish this project!

Secondly, I don't know if any of you read this blog...if you don't, then you should! I LOVE Owl Haven!! Mary is an inspiration to me. Her and her husband have 10 kids and yet have a wonderful life! She has inspired me in the past few weeks to start cooking more from scratch. I've gotten a couple really great recipes from her blog! Right now, for the month of September, she's doing 30 Days of Nothing where her family drastically cuts back their spending to see just how much they can get by without. Anybody that wants to can participate and you decide your own rules and ideals for your family. I'm not participating to what I consider to be the full extent, as I've got other projects going on right now that I don't want to put on hold...but it's really got me thinking about how much we spend on food and where we could cut back. I already spend very little on groceries but she had really inspired me to make more meals from scratch. It's healthier AND cheaper if you're sensible about it. Mary is also the reason I've revived my passion for garage saling...and the reason I have a beautiful new painting over my bed that I got for only a few dollars. :)

And last but certainly not least, is Joanna over at Jo-Jo's Place. She has had a LOT going on in her life lately...redoing her house, fun crafty projects...she has totally inspired me to make my home a more comfortable and inviting place and has given me so many good ideas on how to do that! Our home is still a work in progress but I am SO pleased with the results so far. I'll be sharing pictures soon! Joanna has recently started a new blog called This Southern Girl's Nest...go check it out! It's already one of my favs!

So I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to you all for helping me better my life in the past few weeks!!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Thank you for including me! I am so happy to be an inspiration to you. I sometimes feel as though all that I have is just so overwhelming and that I should just give it all up! But thanks to you I know that some people do care! : ) I can't wait to see pictures!! Hey, I know what you mean by a work in progress..Our house is still undergoing all sorts of things..That kitchen is still not completed! Argh..I told Zack I wanted it done by Christmas. We shall see! : ) Did you grab your award that I gave you?

Joanna said...

Nevermind! I scrolled down and there it was...I am such a ding bat today! :D