Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Swimming Lessons

I am super super excited!! Hailey is going to take swimming lessons!! Usually all this fun extra-carricular stuff is sort of limited to kids of stay at home mom's around here so I really thought this was something she would never be able to do. But I found out recently that they're now offering classes on the weekends and weeknights!! I'm so glad I went ahead and looked it up and called right away because there was was only one more class left at Hailey's age level that hadn't already started and I got one of the last two spots for that class! She goes from July 7 to the 16th, at 6:30 in the evening. Plenty of time to eat first, since I get off at 4:00 during the summer! It's at an indoor heated pool, so that will be nice. Best of all, the 8 days worth of lessons were only $35!! Completely worth the money. I really hope she likes it. They teach things like submersion, floating on their front and back, safe entry in and how to safely get out of the pool, safe life jacket practices, etc. She loves going to the Lake so much, already jumping off the dock and tubing behind the boat (with me in the tube too of course) so I'm hoping she'll like her swimming lessons too. I only got to take them one summer as a kid, when I was about 10 I think. I've never been good in the water and I've always been a bit afraid of it. Hopefully by getting Hailey in lessons she won't take after me! :) I am just beyond excited and I can't wait to start!!

Total bummer that I'm going to have to keep my legs shaved for a good 2 weeks, but oh well!! LOL She's worth it.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

That's great! She will be a little mermaid in no time! : )