Sunday, June 15, 2008

Awoken at midnight

A perk of living within walking distince to the co-owners/founders of the biggest/best known retail store in the nation...

We were awoken at midnight by the noise from this...

The video does NOT do it justice...it was much closer than it seems and the sound was not little capgun pops, these were the big booms you hear when you see the big city fireworks on the 4th of July. Woke me up from a dead sleep. It lasted about 25 minutes. I couldn't help myself and woke Hailey up for the last minute or so. She went back to sleep right away, I'm glad she got to see at least some of it!

**Side note....this video took like 2 days to process before I could post it!!! Craziness!!! Also, we found out that the grand daughter of the founder of this huge retail chain got married Saturday in a 5 million dollar wedding and this was part of the celebration. Apparently this party was so big Paris Hilton herself showed up (my mother in law says anyway). Amazing that these immensely rich people live literally like 2 blocks from us. That's how the city we live in is though...the rich right next to the poor. It's crazy!**

No comments: