Sunday, April 13, 2008

Two years ago today...

...I had been in the hospital only about an hour or two. I'd been in labor since about 10:00 that morning. I had no idea how long it was going to take until I had my baby. Labor was starting to get pretty darned painfull. I still didn't full realize that I was about to have a baby come out of me! I had no idea what was in store for me with a newborn. I had no idea how hard the next 6 months of my life would be. Or how amazingly, wonderfully awesome my little girl was going to be.

One year ago today I was finally really enjoying this mom thing. I'd completely fallen head over heals in love with my little girl! Even though I couldn't believe she was about to be one, she was still my baby. I was excited about that milestone and not really sad a bit. We'd survived the first year...heck more than survived, we'd flown through with flying colors!

Today, my daughter turns two years old. And I'm completely excited...but this year I'm also a little sad. She truly is a little kid now. She's not my little baby anymore. We've finally packed away all the "baby" things to make room for all her "kid" stuff. We have a toddler now...a little kid. I'm so stinking proud of her, and so excited that she's growing up into this amazing little girl. But I can't help but feel like "Where'd my baby go??"

The last 2 years have been the best years of my life. If we could go back and have a choice whether or not to have that little "oops" happen, we would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Hailey is the best thing that's ever happened to me. She's the best little girl a mom could ever ask for. I thank God for putting her in my life!!

And it doesn't matter how old she is, she'll ALWAYS be my baby.

Happy 2nd Birthday Miss Hailey!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Hailey!!!

Joanna said...

Happy Birthday Hailey!