Monday, October 29, 2007

High hopes

It seems like all I can think about lately is getting this loan. Our future is riding on it. My sanity is riding on it. We need this. I'm not sure how long the process takes, and the status won't be updated online til it's been fully approved. So in the meantime I'm going crazy...with hope and worry...I'm trying to think positive, but I can't help but feel like it just cannot be this easy. God I hope it is.

I'm trying not to let thoughts of our situation consume me...

~Hailey has been sleeping wonderfully in her new big girl bed. It's working out wonderfully! If she wakes up at night from a nightmare or teeth pain or whatever she may wake up for, I can just go lay in bed with her for a few minutes and she drifts right off to sleep. She is, however, still refusing to nap for us on the weekends. I think she's just too excited about being with us all day, since she's at the sitter's all week. But she does love her big girl bed, and shows it off to anyone that comes to our house.

~Hailey FINALLY got 3 more teeth, and I think more are on the way! Yay for being able to chew food!(we've figured out she pretty much just swallows stuff whole, like noodles or peas or whatnot)

~We have a fun thing to take Hailey to tonight where she can make art projects and keep them. Hopefully she'll be in a good mood for that!

~Halloween is coming up. Hailey is going to be so cute in her little ballerina get-up, even if we couldn't afford the long sleeved onesie like we'd originally planned.

~I found some Gerber fleece sleepers on sale at Target this weekend for 7.99 for a 2-pack! Yay for Hailey being warm at night!!

~My husband is working a little more, studying harder, and helping me out around the house a bit. He has also been telling me how much he appreciates me, and how hard I work and how I handle everything so well. He's also making an effort to really understand our financial situation.

~I finally got some photos printed of Hailey and other things. Last night I was able to update Hailey's photo album w/ animal pictures from the zoo, rainbow and balloon pictures...put a photo of Hailey in a frame that I've had for months...almost complete a big collage frame (I just have one 5 x 7 spot left now!)

~I've started reading a new book, which is really good so far. It's called Little Earthquakes, by Jennifer Weiner. It's a fiction book about a handful of women and their different experiences with being a new mother. ~We get to go see one of my favorite comedians of all time this weekend! I cannot believe I am finally getting to see him in person, after all these years. He's getting really old and crotchity now, so I hope the show lives up to my expectations...I'm sure it'll be great, and I can check that off my "Things I must do in my lifetime..." list!

These little distractions have helped me keep my mind off the bigger picture for now. Nonetheless, it still keeps creeping back into my thoughts. I just pray that we hear something soon, and that the news is good, so we can take care of this and move on with our lives.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

It's too bad that you can't get a step by step up date! I would be going crazy also! I will be sending good thoughts your way:)