Tuesday, June 5, 2007

As much as I hate it, I've gotta love this place...

I bitch about the town I live in...over-crowded, too expensive, rude-ass loud people. And then something happens that makes me think to myself "God, I love this town." There are 2 highschools here, the huge, more diverse one that I graduated from, and the one on the South side of town where all the rich kids or wanna be rich kids go (this is by where I live)...apparently kids these days have started up the old tradition of the "senior prank." We didn't do one my year, because the year before us had gotten in some serious trouble. Well, the people that participated did anyway. They actually defaced a bunch of school propery with white paint. Now there were what like 1000 kids or something in my graduating class, a bit fewer in the year before, and only a handfull of people got in trouble. But it was bad. They couldn't attend graduation, and had to do a bunch of community service and crap before they could get their diploma, among other things. Scared my class straight apparently. Not that I would be one to participate in a school prank anyway...that's just not how I roll. ANYWAY...I heard a story today that made me think "God I love this town." The administrators of the richy high school came to work today to find six sheep wandering the halls. Yes, sheep. I have no idea how on earth these kids got them in. How they transported them to the school, got them inside the building at 2:00 in the morning w/out setting off the alarms, how they weren't seen. But against all odds, it happened. How freaking funny is that? Now THAT'S a Senior Prank.

In other news, I now have this lovely head cold crap, because Hailey has been really into long slobbery kisses lately and as her mother how could I refuse? So as a lovely side effect, she's passed her ickiness onto moi. I feel like complete crap. SO tired...she woke up at 4:00 this morning, I have no idea why...3 nights in a row now she's woken up at night! D told me to just put her in our bed, which I didn't want to do but was so tired and cruddy feeling I did anyway, and she slept for a good 30 minutes before sitting up insisted she have a "baba" while doing the whole hand gesture like she's squeezing a cow's udder...which apparently is the lovely sign for "milk." D got up and made her a bottle, made her go with him(she's so attached to my hip lately!) and she sucked down the bottle and apparently went right back to sleep in her crib. He came back to bed empty handed, and I was amazed. My wonderful amazing husband. Unfortunately the fan in our bedroom somehow got turned off (did I lay my head on the remote on the nightstand when she was in bed with us??) which I didn't realize til my alarm was going off, and I can't sleep without that fan. SO no more sleep for me after about 4:20 this morning. Jeez I really take a long time to tell a simple story. I'm tired and I feel like crap...there, why is that so hard for me? I always feel the need to elaborate...

I bought a huge box of Huggies Supreme today...I never should have tried them.

Hailey said another 2 word sentence today at the sitters. "Push me." She was in the swing. And she was saying the word "down" tonight while hiking her fat little leg over the side of the grocery card. By the way, when I finally gave in and let her "down" she ran back and forth across the isle, first to the ham, then to the biscuits, then the ham, then the biscuits...choices choices, my oh my.

I'm feeling very accomplished today. Despite my feeling CRAPPY, I got my cat her prescription cat food at lunch and a new scratching post which is 2 months overdue(supposed to be for her birthday, which is 1 day after Hailey's)...and I also got the invites to Hailey's party this weekend filled out and addressed. Now I just have to mail them off tomorrow. Oh we also took the baby swing and the exersaucer over to my mom's tonight to store. D spent some time with us, which I love. It makes me feel married when he's home in the evenings like that. I love it! And he also emptied and refilled/ran the dishwasher today and took out the trash...and didn't make a mess of the house! Again, my wonderful husband. It's the little things that count.

Ok gotta go blog reading before I fall asleep right here.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It's so nice that you're throwing a party for me on my birthday! Thanks! Tell you what, just let Hailey open my presents and eat my cake. She sounds like she's getting to be so much fun, and it just gets more and more amazing. It's funny what we get excited about with them.